You just spent hours browsing through the internet to find the perfect area rug for you. You even stumbled upon an article about Rugs perth. Then, you spent days going from flea market to flea market, store to store just to find that rug that calls your name. Obviously, when you finally find it you want that rug to last for years. This can be daunting especially if you take into account the things that your rug has to endure like foot traffic, spills, mud, and dirt.
There is no need to worry though because there are several things that you do to prevent damage to your area rug. While it is important to be knowledgeable on how to maintain these rugs it is equally important that you are aware of certain practices that may cause damage. Area rugs like Rugs perth can do wonders to your home’s aesthetics.
So, here are some detrimental practices that you should avoid.
- Foregoing rug pads – Rug pads provide a protective layer between your rug and the floor. It also provides enough space for ventilation.
- Failing to rotate can result in an uneven worn pattern in your rug. Rotating once or twice a year especially in areas with heavy traffic can help prevent this.
- Skipping the vacuum. Dirt and debris can pile up within the fibers making the rug look old and worn.
- Direct sunlight can also cause damage. It makes the colors fade faster. Avoid placing the rug and in areas where there is direct sunlight.
- Vacuuming only one side. If you want to remove dirt completely, vacuum the front and back.
- Failing to spot clean stains will cause it to settle. Once the stain has settled it will be harder to remove.
- Vacuuming only removes about 50% of the dirt. If you want to completely clean your rug, make deep cleaning a habit once or every two years.
Sure there are several shops in Perth where you can buy quality rugs but shopping can make you hungry too. Here are some of the best cheap eats in Perth:
- Toastface Grillah & Lil’ Toastface at Perth and Northbridge – Lunch will only cost you a tenner.
- Grand Lane Fish House – Their tacos are to die for.
- North Street Store – All it takes is a $20 for a feast good for two.
- Nasi Lemak Corner – If you are craving for a taste of Malaysia, you should try this place.
There is no better way to end a hard day of shopping than by sitting down and eating a hearty meal.